- At the end of March, the marketing authorisation for the produced spirulina was obtained and the Food & Drug Administration (FDA) validated the field tests.
- The initial discussions with the Health Ministry and Doctor Chandavone can be resumed, in order to undertake a series of “official” tests to position spirulina in publicly-funded nutrition programmes.
- The output of the spirulina ponds is to be improved in order to achieve the objective of 700kg of produced spirulina.
- Humanitarian distribution with SFE in the mountains at Attopeu will be intensified and the work with other associations will also be pursued.
- Spirulina-based fruit jellies and other spirulina-based products will be tested.
- Spirulina sales will be driven via the internet website of Maï Savanh Lao, which is under construction.
First semester 2014
The beginning of 2014 has been a very trying time with the cold wave that hit the whole country from November to mid-February. From January to March total production amounted to only 30kg. The ponds had to be completely cleaned out and the growing process had to be started again from scratch.
This should have given the production cycle a fresh start at the end of April 2014.
We hope to receive good news soon.